The Northwest Regional SWAT Team – Official SWAT School Training Program (Open to law enforcement officers only)
Date: May 20 – 24, 2013 | Location: Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy – Hobart, IN
SWAT School training is designed specifically for any law enforcement officer who is or may be assigned to a SWAT team. While this training is geared toward tactical officers, it would benefit any officer wanting to sharpen his/her tactical skills.
This five day, 40 hour course is instructed by senior members of the Northwest Regional SWAT Team. At the conclusion of this course the student will have received training in: raid planning, mechanical and shotgun breaching, CQB, vehicle assaults, 40mm gas/ less lethal operation, and hostage rescue/armed barricade resolution. The student should be prepared to participate in taxing scenario training and live fire drills in a shoot house.
- Duty handgun with 300 rounds ammunition
- Pistol Belt/thigh rig preferred
- Eye and Ear protection
- Soft Body Armor
- Sub machine gun and magazines OR M-16/M-4 and magazines with 500 rounds for rifle or sub-gun
- **An M-4 style rifle can be provided for students.
- Note: Student is required to provide 500 rounds of .223 caliber ammunition.
- BDU style pants
- Gas Mask ** one will be provided for use if not available
- Kevlar or Military style helmet
- Shooting Gloves
For more details about SWAT School training in May 2013 or to sign up, please click here.